WR MEGA MENU ISSUE

Hi guys,

We have WR Mega Menu incorporated on our site at http://theashevillehouse.codelessme.net. When we try to set up the menu using WR Mega Menu…we are having a problem with the saving.

We click the menu item, add a submenu to the element, go to the next menu item, do the same for that one, so on and so forth. On save…some don’t save. I’m at my whits end with it. I’ve disabled all plugins and tried that…still the issue persists. Changed themes, the issue persists. The only thing I have not done is disable the Beaverbuilder plugin because if it is that…we need to find a solution. What can you guys find out?

Hey David,

Is this the plugin? https://wordpress.org/plugins/wr-megamenu/

I tried it on my local dev environment and I see no problems saving. Also, it works on the admin page, not on the frontend where the BB Page Builder loads its resources so I don’t think it would affect how it works. Do you think you can share temp admin access so we can check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

I see what you mean now. Could you try disabling the BB plugin and see if you’re having the same thing? I would have tried it but the site is live. If it works without the plugin then it may as well be a memory issue. Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Hey there Ben -

So - it seems to still persist when the plugin is turned off. It is weird because when it starts deleting stuff it seems to refresh the page. Have you had experience with this type of issue before? What would your diagnosis be? Hosting side?

Hey David,

Ben is gone for the day, but we discussed this earlier. I was thinking it may not be a bad idea to contact the plugin developer on this one. However, Ben mentioned he tried it on a TwentyX theme and it worked so it could be a conflict directly with our theme in which case, we would issue a bug report on our end to get it fixed. Would you be opposed to contacting the plugin dev to see if he/she could shed any light on this? If not, no worries, we can take a deeper look early next week as we are about to close up shop for the week. Sorry for the trouble on this one!

Best,
Billy

Hey Billy -

Actually I tried it with Twenty-Fifteen as well. No bueno. If it is working on your server and the only difference is that we are sitting on SiteGround then I think that is where the issue lies.

Ah, then yes, we may be looking at a hosting side issue. Let us know what you figure out! It could be possible they refer you to the plugin dev as well, but I would be interested in hearing what they give you. Have a great weekend!

Best,
Billy

Yes - they have already tried to pawn me off on the plugin dev. I’ve told them that there don’t seem to be any other issues on any other hosting servers and nothing in their support forums about this so it leads me to believe there is an out of the ordinary setup with their server that needs adjustments. It is a super simple plugin and seems to work well with the BB theme so I want to keep it. Just need host to get it right.

No worries at all, David, let us know if we can assist when you get to the root of it!