Yoast SEO is not "seeing" my content - Yoast content analysis is incorrect

I am using both the BB Pro plugin and BB theme.

I have only created 2 posts. In the first post Yoast got most of it right but not all. I decided to live with the Yoast analysis assuming search engines would see all the content.

But the second post is way off. The second post has all the right elements to score well with SEO but it appears Yoast is not seeing the content. Here is a copy/paste of some of the Yoast comments - None of which are true.

Bad SEO scoreYou have not used your focus keyword in any subheading (such as an H2) in your copy.
Bad SEO scoreThe focus keyword doesn’t appear in the first paragraph of the copy. Make sure the topic is clear immediately.
Bad SEO scoreThe keyword density is 0%, which is a bit low; the focus keyword was found 0 times.

Is there some kind of technical conflict between BB and Yoast?

Hey Jack,

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with BB and Yoast SEO at all. In fact, we’re using the same plugin on our site and it ranks first on a few keywords. However, I’d just like to point out ahead of time that the Yoast SEO plugin is simply a guideline. It does not, in anyway, determine the actual SEO score of the page.

Do you think you can share the URL of the site in question along with temp admin access so we can check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Jack,

BB doesn’t do anything specific on the WP Post editor screen and I am not able to recreate your issue on my local test site.

If you switch theme does the same thing happen? If it does, you’re going to want to contact the Yoast support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Yes it does the same thing when I switched to another theme.

Okay, thank you for your time.

I’ll contact Yoast.

Hi again,

Problem solved. I thought I would try to build the blog part from scratch. And it worked.

#1 I copied and saved text from both posts.

#2 I deleted both posts.

#3 I deleted Post page.

Now I had no blog or posts on the site.

#4 Created a new Post page.

#5 Created new post and pasted in saved text to post.

#6 Filled in the key words and snipped in Yoast.

Got all green lights in content analysis!

Case closed.

Thank you again for your time.

Glad to hear you figured it out, Jack! And no worries at all! We’re here to help. :slight_smile:

Enjoy BB!

Ben