bb causing problems with godaddy wordpress hosting

having huge issues getting my site to load with godaddy. was working fine until recently. GD says it’s BB plugin, since that is the plugin that grinds site to a halt. Ideas???

need this fixed asap please
http://kristawatterworth.com/

Hi Grant,

I took a look at you site and I noticed that the images in your slider are all over 1MB, two of them are over 2MB. This is likely the cause of your issue and would also mean that your site’s page size is over 10MB which is extremely high.

I recommend you remove those images from your slider and reduce their size using app such as PhotoShop, JpegMini, ImageOptim etc… You’re aiming to get their file size as low as possible. Once you have achieved this, your issue should be resolved.

Thanks,
Danny

not sure how that could be issue. This site has had same images for over 2 months and was fine. Plus the slider is soliloquy, not bb slider. I removed most of the images from slider and still not working.

If I just activate the plugin, it freezes up…

update: I turned off soliloquy and now it’s working… strange.

Will try to make images smaller. I checked and they were each about 350kb each

…and now it’s not… argh

504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn’t respond in time.

btw, where did you see image size as so large? how do you get that info?

site WORKS with every plugin ON except BB

site FREEZES when all plugins are OFF except BB

Hey Matt,

Can you share temp admin access to the site so we can check? Can you also list down the steps to recreate the issue?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Matt,

I tried logging in on the myftpupload site but couldn’t. Can you check the credentials?

Also, just to verify, the site works fine when you copied it over to a different hosting? Or was it under the same hosting?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Matt,

The login works fine. Just wanted to verify with you that we can do anything on this site, e.g., disable all plugins, change themes and all?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

thanks, danny

will fix those slider photos. Curious to know why the slider worked fine without BB turned on?

Either way, I agree with images being too large. Funny thing is it works fine on my reseller account at hostgator, but the godaddy managed wp hosting doesn’t like it apparently.

Hey Matt,

When a builder layout is published, a stripped down version of it is ported to the native WP editor. So in case you needed to deactivate the plugin, your content will still be there, albeit a mess. And since you’re using a 3rd party slider, the shortcode was still being parsed.

I’m not really familiar with the different hosting companies but chances are, the hosting at GoDaddy used less resources than your hosting at HostGator?

Anyway, let us know it goes after you’ve swapped the images. :slight_smile:

Ben

I’ve made the ones on one of the sites a bit smaller, but notice that with soliloquy, it creates and uses the largest size image, based on the width I made for the slider. Maybe I did something wrong with setting up soliloquy?

I’d like to use the native bb one, but problem is getting the image (especially one with krista- client) centered correctly on smaller browsers. What do you suggest I do to enable that?

okay, I switched the home page slider on this page to the BB slider
http://3e0.3e3.myftpupload.com/home-2/

it loads much quicker, but images look blurry when they are viewed at smaller sizes. What do you recommend?

thx

Hi Grant,

What device are you experiencing this issue on? As I have reduced my browser window and viewed the site on my iPhone and the images look fine.

Thanks,
Danny