bb causing problems with godaddy wordpress hosting

Hi Grant, Danny and Ben,

Just wanted to jump in to mention that I have a number of sites on GD Managed WP hosting, all using BB with no issues. Mind you, none of them have sliders.

Not that it may be an issue in this case, and I’m sure Grant knows, but one ‘annoyance’ with the above-noted hosting account is that one has to manually use the ‘GoDaddy > Flush Cache’ in order to see certain changes appear on the live site. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to what requires this, but it has caught me numerous times :slight_smile: And from what I have read, there is no way to temporarily turn off this ‘standard feature’ while doing development work.

Cheers!
Lyle

BTW, a very nice site! :slight_smile:

thanks, Lyle.

btw, everyone, my name is Matt --Last name is Granat - user name is Granatdesign :slight_smile:

I removed the soliloquy slider on home page and switched to bb slider. much better performance.

Danny - the issue I find weird is when I manually resize the browser window to make it smaller. Actually I just checked it on a laptop and the slider pics look fuzzy.

What would be causing this?

Hi Grant,

We had another use point this out. Our developers did some testing it appears to be related to the largest image size set by WordPress. So to resolve this you could try the following:

1. Go to your WordPres Admin Dashboard > Settings > Media and increase the largest size significantly and save the changes.

2. Then use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to regenerate your images.

3. You may also want to clear the Beaver Builder cache via WordPress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Page Builder > Cache.

Thanks,
Danny

Thx Danny
Issue seems to be not when the images are shown at their largest size, but when viewed in a smaller browser like a laptop. Medium and small devises appear fine, but that in between area of maybe 900-1200px or whatever a laptop is - are problematic. Would making media size adjustment larger fix this?

Hi Grant,

Is it possible for you to provide some screenshots of the issue with your different devices, please?

Thanks,
Danny

hi dan,

here’s 2 screenshots

this one shows image at full size more or less. looks fine.
http://i.imgur.com/OBxOXV0.png

this is when I resize the window, or display as laptop in dev tools. the image gets blurry
http://i.imgur.com/4MW35r0.png

the client just told me the site is down again at godaddy. They say the problem is with Beaver Builder plugin

So the site went down again about an hour ago. We talked to GoDaddy and they said the problems are due to the plugin (BeaverBuilder?). Is there another plugin that would be compatible? This is a big problem and if GoDaddy is right the problems are stemming from how the site was built.

Hey Matt,

Did they say what the specific problem was? Did you have any errors when the site went down? I just went back in to your site and noticed you have a lot of active plugins. Can you ask GoDaddy to increase the memory allocation to your site and see if that has any bearing to the issue at all?

Re the blurry issue, are you getting this issue on the actual device itself or just when resizing the browser? Or just when you use the dev tool to check?

Ben

I think they had increased the memory last time.

Frustrating thing is that it was working, then it wasn’t and so on… Client is furious with me, but I have no idea how to fix

So I can see BB is disabled on your site. Would it be fine if I re-enable it? Or will the site go down again?

Ben

on phone with godaddy.

question: I had made some edits to child theme files for other pages, but that wouldn’t affect plugin would it?

also, Of all of the pages controlled by builder, the home page is not very complex. The design blog page is fairly complex. Could that be causing issues? If so, how do I turn off that page?

think so.

question:
If I removed one of the pages and put it in trash, would plugin still give me issues?

I originally had a soliloquy slideshow on home page, but removed it and just used bb one, with smaller images. Still a problem maybe?

also, I made a duplicate of this site last week and have it hosted on my host gator reseller account. It works fine. Has anyone else had issues with godaddy managed hosting?

Hi Matt,

I honestly don’t see this being a BB problem. When you speak to GoDaddy and they say it is caused by BB, do they provide any further information as to how they come to that conclusion?

Also, do I have permission to log into your site and enable/disable plugins and install some for testing purposes?

When you say your site freezes is this happening randomly or is it happening when you do a specific action. As when I was last logged into your site, I loaded BB on all your pages and never once encountered the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

It’s been very frustrating. They say it’s BB since they have problems as soon as it’s turned on, and all of the other plugins work fine they say. Client wants me to recreate site without BB page builder…

I have it working just fine on my hostgator site
http://192.185.85.234/~krista/
btw, could you let me now what you see as far as image sizes. I thought I had reduced enough.

I emailed client that I would host it for free for at least a year or two… Doesn’t Robby have some kind of connection at GD?

If you want to try and turn on plugin to test, that’s ok with me.

Hi Matt,

So I have disabled all active plugins and enabled BB. I am not seeing any issue with the site. So does the error only take place when the BB page builder is enabled?

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

it’s hanging up here

http://imgur.com/Z9yzm2O

Hi Matt,

Have you added anything custom to your homepage? As that is the only page that is having an issue. All other pages are loading fine, even my BBDanny page.

So the issue is whatever is on your homepage.

Thanks,
Danny

don’t think so. Can I just rebuild it? Can you turn off