bb causing problems with godaddy wordpress hosting

[Content Hidden]

thanks danny.

I think I may just use the version I have on my host gator site, and just forget godaddy for now…

seems to be sticking when I try to enter page builder on home page. I reactivated the other plugins…

wait a sec… I just noticed that a lot of the images on the home page are actually from a test site from earlier. Could that be issue?

Hi Matt,

I noticed that to, but they’re loading fine. The homepage isn’t actually loading the builder at all even with no content.

Was anything done to that home page at all such as custom code etc…? As I have just configured my BBDanny Test page as the Front-page via Settings > Reading and there is no issue loading the builder.

Thanks,
Danny

I got it to load then recreated home page. Used template, then uploaded images to site and replaced. Do you think that could’ve been the issue?

Hi Matt,

What that the images on your homepage were coming from a different site?

Thanks,
Danny

the 3 circle images, the featured section, and the background image behind contact.

I had built it on a test site a while back, which btw is on my host gator account…

Could that be why godaddy has been having issues loading the page?

I will say that there seems to be a complex kind of process for moving BB sites, templates etc, since it won’t update the links, images, etc…

i just saw you made your page home. I had to switch, or else client would flip

If you migrate you site you will want to run the Serialized Search and Replace script on our migrate docs. This will allow you to search and replace all old URL’s.

Is it possible for you to link all those images so I can test on my end, please? Also, were these images only added to the homepage that was freezing?

Thanks,
Danny

yes, all of those images were from an earlier test site. I imported site/layouts to godaddy a while back. As for the search and replace, I didn’t realize about it until recently. Now I use it. Issue, though is that those images would be stored in different image folders (ex. 2016/3), correct?

If you use one of the old templates on a new page (use home new), it will contain the images that reside on the old test site.

here’s old test site. http://mytest-site.info/krista/

it looks like the images had different urls (http://mytest-site.info/krista/wp-content/uploads/bb-plugin/cache/circle-pics-2-circle.jpg)

it looks like BB loads the images from a cache?

the dns just finished propagating to the host gator site. sorry will send you godaddy test

[Content Hidden]

Hi Matt,

Is the issue still happening on the site you linked above?

Thanks,
Danny

not at the moment, but I will monitor. Do you think those images were the issue?

Hey Matt,

I’ve handled sites loading images from a different URL with no issues at all. But perhaps the issue you’re experiencing is somewhat server related. Now that I think about it, if it works fine on your HostGator account but it doesn’t on GoDaddy, it most likely is a server related issue. The only change you’ve made on the GD site right now is just fix the URLs? Can you continue monitoring the GD site and let us know how it goes?

Ben

hi Ben,

yes, the whole thing has been a long, tiresome puzzle… I agree that it must have something to do with godaddy since it works on hostgator, and HG account is simple cheap shared hosting account…

I told them I’m going to move it to it’s own separate account when I get a chance. What are your recommendations? Set up a new HG account? or somewhere else like siteground?

Hey Matt,

Are you still experiencing issues with the site on GD even with the fixed URLs? Also, I think it was never mentioned in this thread, how did you migrate the site to your HG account? Did you do it manually? Was the site originally on GD? Or were you working on a dev URL/local, then migrated it to GD? Sorry for these questions, just that a botched migration might be what’s causing the issues.

Ben

hi ben,

thx for following up.
Actually, here’s how site was developed: (hope you have a few minutes to read…)

• we imported her content from their existing godaddy site (linux hosting), then designed a test site with some of her content on a temp hosting site on my HG account (http://mytest-site.info/krista/)
  • next, we set up a godaddy managed wordpress account and migrated her existing GD site to that one, where we set up a temp domain and just imported our BB layests, etc. We built most of the site there – with NO issues.
  • when we went live, we realized the domain was not on godaddy, but on network solutions (my fault, oversight). For some reason, this took a while to unattach the old site and reattach to the new one. I guess problems were first there…
  • no issues for a while, until client asked us to make more changes to site, so I created a staging site, using GD one-click feature. Had a problem when we attempted to make it live, replacing current site. It hung up for a while. Actually took 3 days and lots of calls to GD.
  • I though we were ok, and possibly done, but the site stopped working sometime last week. That’s when I copied the wp-content folder, used a plugin to download a db, and basically made a new install on my HG reseller account. Worked fine there, but it appeared that GD site was back working again (made images much smaller, etc).
  • thought we were finally finished, but no… more problems yesterday.
  • finally convinced client to keep it on host gator, where it’s run smoothly the entire time…

Problem is that since site was already live and then had problems, client said I was responsible and must fix… I think I’ve lost a few years of my life with this…

To sum up, I think something happened with the staging site on GD and that may be the culprit, not to mention it is a large site…

thx
-matt (btw, tell Danny it’s not Grant :slight_smile: