BB Plugin Using Very High CPU and Freezing Website

I am a systems admin for a hosting company and we have a client that uses BB on his Wordpress site. Everything has been fine for the last year or so but recently his site went offline and we noticed very high CPU using from his site. Did some digging around and noticed when we disabled BB pro plugin the site came back online and the CPU using returned to normal. Unfortunately disabling BB breaks the look of his site so we need a fix for this.

I did find this reference with the same issue but we don’t have the same setup so Im not quite sure what I need to do.

Can someone help? Thank you.

Being the system admin you should have all the data you need to find out why there is high cpu usage.

Things to look for:

How much ram does server have? How much ram is reserved for the database? Is the database using that ram or is it running out and swapping causing high IO

How many php workers are there? How much ram is each one using?

BB does not use much ram on its own, example being my test site using one of the templates on a page uses less than 20.4M of memory, and thats a $5 vps on digital ocean

We can’t seem to figure out why BB is using so much CPU. We have decided to rebuild this client site with Elementor instead of BB.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.