Go Agency

Currently, I’m using the developer license and I probably will change to the lately announced agency license. I have the following (presale) questions:

1. Where can I find some more information about the agency’s feature list (what do you mean with network wide settings)?
  2. Is there a way to update my developer license (so I don’t have to pay full price again)?
  3. Will there be some coupons for your current customers?

Thanks for answering these questions.

Best
Dominic

Hi Dominic, thanks for reaching out!

We are planning to rework our pricing page and provide more information about our packages. For now, if you have any specific questions about the Agency package, I am happy to answer them.

You will be able to update your existing license, so no need to purchase twice. Also, we are not planning to offer a discount or coupon at this point in time. Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about. Thanks Dominic!

Dear Robby

Thanks for your fast reply.

Great to hear!
Can you tell me, what kind of network wide settings will be possible? A short feature list would be great, since I’m setting up a multisite setup with beaverbuilder right now and it would be very helpful and important to me to know what kind of settings I could do.

Dominic

Dear beaverbuilder staff

Actually I bought the agency license yesterday since I thought, that I will get a lot of more possibilities. As I can see until now, there is not a lot that would justify the costs of +200 dollars compared to my old developer license. So guys, please give some hints what I have missed or not yet seen in my admin panel…

Best
Dominic

Wait a minute. I just spent a couple hundred dollars a few weeks ago buying the developer license, and now you’re taking away my ability to white label and use on a multi-site network after I paid for those features! That hardly seems fair. I think you should upgrade existing developers to the agency license and then start fresh with your new pricing. I’ve never heard of a company doing that before, that doesn’t seem right. Sorry. Love your product but that doesn’t seem right.

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for asking! The Agency version is where we will be adding features that are geared towards users that a) want to use multisite to host their client sites and b) want to use multisite as a DIY builder solution that they can sell subscriptions to.

Right now, the two features we’ve added to that version are the ability to white label the builder (moved from the old developer version) and the ability to configure the builder at the network level and override settings on a site-by-site basis as needed.

In case you missed them, the network settings are located at Network Admin > Settings > Page Builder. Individual site settings are still located at Settings > Page Builder for each site.

We’re not entirely sure what will be next for the Agency version and are looking for feedback as to what that segment of users wants to make the builder work better for their use case. Network settings was one of our biggest requests, so that’s where we started. We’ve also heard that it would be great to be able to override the core templates with your own, so that’s an idea we’re considering.

We’d love your feedback so don’t hesitate to let us know what would make the Agency version better for you!

Thanks,
Justin

Wait a minute. I just spent a couple hundred dollars a few weeks ago buying the developer license, and now you’re taking away my ability to white label and use on a multi-site network after I paid for those features! That hardly seems fair.

Hey Steve! It looks like Justin hit submit right before you posted your thread. Not to worry, your developer membership will be grandfathered in and it won’t change. We did add some additional network-wide settings to the Agency package, but we didn’t remove anything from the (no longer available) developer package.

We appreciate your patience and understanding here. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks Robby. So just to be clear, does that mean that I’ve been upgraded to the Agency version? I obviously will want to keep updating my version as you continue to develop Beaver Builder, and also retain the ability to white label and also use on the multi-site network as I currently do.

Steve, we didn’t upgrade your account to the agency. Your package, the developer, is still going to be maintained and supported, but we won’t be selling it any more. So, you’ll still have all of the features you did before and you’ll still continue to get updates and support! Sorry again for the confusing situation here. Let me know if that clears things up. Thanks!

Thanks Robby for the explanation and also for taking good care of your customers! I do appreciate that. I think you guys have an amazing product and great customer support.

Hey Justin

Thanks for your answer. Well, I have some ideas that would make Agency better for me. But right now I feel as if I went too quickly for your “new” product, since 95% of those agency features I already have had in my developer license. At this time the remaining 5% is hardly worth an “upgrade” fee of 200 bucks. So I’m not sure If I should ask you for a downgrade with a refund or If I should stay patient and hope that your mentioned added features will be worth the money for me.

I really think you guys have a great product which tops your competitor’s software in ease of use, clean code and functionality. For future product releases I wish you would better inform your customers about the “what” and “how”.

Hey Dominic,

Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for any confusion on the new release. We’re flexible and ultimately want our customers to be happy. If you do want to downgrade, get in touch and we’ll get that figured out. Otherwise, we can start chatting about what you would like to see in the Agency version as we’re eager for customer feedback in that area.

Just out of curiosity, what is your particular use case? Do you build client sites on multisite? Or are you offering a hosted DIY solution?

Thanks,
Justin

Thanks for your offer, Justin

I’m using beaverbuilder on multisite where customers choose a predesigned template for their wedding homepage and from there can edit text, images and dates for their individual wedding event. So it is a hosted - but very restricted - DIY solution. My customers should be able to get their “dream” wedding page within 10 minutes without adding modules and building their page from scratch. That is why I want to give my customers as less beaverbuilder features as possible. This means: it would be great if a super admin could decide which modules on client sites are editable (for example: text, photos) and which modules are movable or not. In principle a super admin should have more possibilites to decide how clients can use your beaverbuilder plugin.

Another wish (as I already suggested on your ideas page): don’t automatically open the modules sidebar when beaverbuilder is opened. All clients that only want to edit content (and this will be the usual case after once a site has been built) do not need this sidebar.

I’m curious to see how your product develops and I will stay tuned.

Thanks
Dominic

Hey Dominic,

Thanks for the additional insight into how you’re using the plugin! It helps a lot. We plan on adding additional controls for locking down client editing in the near future, so stay tuned on that.

Justin

Thanks

I have a multisite that i use to host my clients sites. They have the permission to edit any page using the beaverbuilder. To make it very easy for them to edit ONLY THE CONTECT without accidentaly deleting or making drastic changes to the page, I added these tweaks to my subtheme and adding a php conditional code so these take effect if the logged in user is not a superadmin.

#wp-admin-bar-fl-builder-frontend-edit-link{display: none !important;} .fl-builder-add-content-button.fl-builder-button {display: none !important;} .fl-builder-tools-button.fl-builder-button{display: none !important;} /* Hide Beaver Builder Panel */ .fl-builder-panel {display: none !important;} /* Hide Overlay Buttoms */ .fl-block-overlay-actions {display: none !important;} .fl-block-columns.fa.fa-columns.fl-tip{display: none !important;} .fl-block-remove.fa.fa-times.fl-tip{display: none !important;} .fl-block-copy.fa.fa-copy.fl-tip{display: none !important;} .fl-block-move.fa.fa-arrows.fl-tip{display: none !important;} .fl-block-settings.fa.fa-wrench.fl-tip{display: none !important;} /* For Template */ .fl-user-template-edit {display: none !important;} .fl-user-template-delete {display: none !important;} /* Hide Save Template */ .fl-builder-save-user-template-button.fl-builder-button.fl-builder-button-large { display: none;}

What i think you MAY added to the “settings page” is that the site admin or super admin should be able to turn on/off these features
show/Hide “Tools” Tab Completely
show/Hide “Duplicate This Page”
show/Hide “Save Template”
show/Hide “Edit Global Settings”

show/Hide “Templates” tab completely
show/Hide “Core Template”
show/Hide “Super Admins Template” (that is templates made by super admin which will available site-wide like the core templates site-wide)
show/Hide “User Template”

There is an option to show/Hide Modules and Wordpress widgets.
There SHOULD be on too for “Row Layouts”

The super admin should be able to show/Hide these features/bottoms too so that it will make editing content very easy for clients.
I do not know how to call them so i am using their css selectors as their names

For Rows
show/Hide “.fl-block-overlay-actions” completely
show/Hide “.fl-block-overlay-title”
show/Hide “.fl-block-move.fa.fa-arrows.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-settings.fa.fa-wrench.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-remove.fa.fa-times.fl-tip”

For Modules/Colums
show/Hide “.fl-block-overlay-actions” completely
show/Hide “.fl-block-overlay-title”
show/Hide “.fl-block-move.fa.fa-arrows.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-settings.fa.fa-wrench.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-copy.fa.fa-copy.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-columns.fa.fa-columns.fl-tip”
show/Hide “.fl-block-remove.fa.fa-times.fl-tip”

The super admin should be able to show/hide these “advanced” setting tab from clients. So that clients do not accidentally change the padding, margins, css class, or animation settings of a module.

SUMMARY

1. Under the Settings page, the super admin should be able to turn on or off any feature that is displayed when editing a page with beaverbuilder by clients.

2. Super admins should be able to create their own core templates to be used sitewide.

3. There should be a warning message displayed (a popup window warning the user that they will loose all the setting when they switch to the woedpress deafult editor and save the page ) to either proceed or cancel if a user want to switch a page from page builder to wordpress deafult text editor.

I realised that some clients cause trouble a lot. They sometimes switch to the wordpress default editing page, add content and save the page and expect the page to be dispalyed using beaverbuider. So i added this css to my admin page to hide the beaverbuilder link from showing on this page /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page. and also hide it from showing in the adminbar. Then I also hide these tabs from showing in the editing page, “Text Editor” , “Page Builder” so once i activate a page for my client, he will not be able to switch back to the default Text editor.

.fl-builder-admin-tabs a,.fl-builder,#fl-css-settings-section,#fl-js-settings-section,#fl-head-settings-section,#fl-export-settings-section{display: none !important;}
I made this request private because I do not know whether it will conflict with your Agency plan. Let me know if i can make it public.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the detailed post! Feel free to make it public.

1. Under the Settings page, the super admin should be able to turn on or off any feature that is displayed when editing a page with beaverbuilder by clients.

We’re working on this and hope to have it out soon.

2. Super admins should be able to create their own core templates to be used sitewide.

We plan on adding that feature eventually, but aren’t sure where it fits into our development schedule yet.

3. There should be a warning message displayed (a popup window warning the user that they will loose all the setting when they switch to the woedpress deafult editor and save the page ) to either proceed or cancel if a user want to switch a page from page builder to wordpress deafult text editor.

I’m not sure what we’re going to do yet, but we do know the UX for the post edit screen in wp-admin needs to be better. Thanks for the input there!

Justin

Hey Dominic,

After much thought and testing, we’re thinking the solution for this would be to…

a) Create a single setting that locks down all builder features except editing. That would include adding, deleting, copying and moving anything. The only thing a client could do is click a module and edit it.

b) The ability to completely lock down a single module from any editing at all.

What do you think? Would that work for you?

The reason we have come to the “one setting” conclusion is that multiple settings for things like adding, deleting, copying and moving might not make sense. For example, in that scenario, you could disable deleting but not adding, which would mean you could add a module but not delete it.

Let me know what you think.

Justin

Justin,

Will these features be able to be used on non-multisite, single Wordpress sites too. If so, I may be tempted to upgrade from the developer’s version to the agency version.

I think it would be helpful to make these features you’re adding role dependent. So I could set up a role, say Editor, where that person could fully modify a page. But the contributor could only edit the blocks, but not be able to move things around, add, or delete.

If it’s not too much trouble, the ideal scenario would be to have a sort of role editor:

You choose one of the built in Wordpress roles (or a custom role that has been added through the system). Then choose the features to enable/disable:

-Can Change Template

• Can Add/Delete modules
    -Can Move modules
    -Can Edit

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback!

We’re still figuring out the details on this. If these features are available to other plans, the advantage of the Agency plan will still be that they can be set once for the entire network and overridden on a site by site basis.

Can Change Template

That’s actually possible to disable already.

Justin