HTML Module won't load HTML

Hello, I have tried to enter a number of html iframe codes for music players from the two websites I use, sound cloud and band camp.

For instance = (<iframe style=“border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;” src=“http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2171489841/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/transparent=true/” seamless>Touched By The Sun by Todd Boston</iframe>)

When I drop the code in I see the proper rendering in the background but when I click to save the progress bar keeps going, the background is a bit grayed as if it is saving but nothing ever happens it just gets stuck in constant loading/saving mode. Any ideas?
Thanks

Screenshot example

Hey Todd,

Sorry to hear about the issues. Would you mind sending a private reply with temporary admin level access so we can take a look?

Best,
Billy

This is also happening to me. Any fix?

I’ll sent you up with temporary admin access for mine too if you need. What email do I use to do so?

Hi Todd,

I looked into this and it appears that your server is returning a “406 Not Acceptable” error when the HTML is sent to the server. This is typically caused by an Apache mod_security rule that blocks requests that contain elements such as iframe and script tags. If you contact your host and let them know this is going on they can add an exception for the builder. Let me know if that helps!

Ry, feel free to send over login info so I can see if you’re having the same issue as well.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Ry. The login info doesn’t seem to be working. Can you double check?

Hi Justin,

This is what GoDaddy said:

They said it was not mod security because it was just spinning and didn’t give an error code. A mod sec would always throw an error code. Because of this they said they couldn’t add the exception rule.

They said, it’s sounds like more of a timeout issue. They are asking if there is a way to upload via ftp then find it within the site?

I would prefer to not have to upload an html code via ftp then find it every time I want to embed a code because that starts to defeat the purpose of such an efficient front end builder as BB. Is there any thing else you can think of? If not could you contact GoDaddy and see if you could resolve the issue with them and get back to me?
Thank you so much!

Godaddy’s contact info is 480-505-8877

[Content Hidden]

Hi Todd,

They said it was not mod security because it was just spinning and didn’t give an error code. A mod sec would always throw an error code. Because of this they said they couldn’t add the exception rule.

It looks like they might be mistaken. I can recreate the 406 error every time. Below is a screenshot of the network info that shows the error code and a bunch of other detailed info that you can show them. Unfortunately, contacting them on your behalf won’t work as I’m not an administrator on your account.

I’m not sure why this is coming up for you as we work on a number of GoDaddy’s managed WordPress sites for our clients and don’t have this issue with the builder.

Ry, unfortunately, it appears that you are having the same issue. In the past, customers have contacted their hosts and they have been able to resolve it, although this is a first on GoDaddy.

My apologies for the hassle!

Justin

Hey Todd… just curious if you’ve had any luck with this today?

Hi Ry,

Do you mind if I do a little more testing on your site? I want to see if I can recreate this issue in the WordPress Customizer as it saves data in a similar way to the builder.

If I can recreate it there, then it’s definitely an issue on the server, otherwise, if the Customizer does fine, I can take a closer look at how it’s saving data and see if we can get around the issue.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Ry and Justin,
The issue persists and so far no one has an answer. I spoke with GoDaddy again and the person there asked me to contact you guys again and obtain the information listed below.

1. I need the customer IP address (Go to myipaddress.com)

I can provide this to them.

1. I need, from the developer, his IP address also.

2. I need a step by step procedure to recreate what the developer did to get what we are seeing in the picture. The reason is because all we see is the spinning icon, we never get the error.

They are asking how you got the codes. If they duplicate the process they will only get the spinning save mode that is my issue. So, they need to know what you are doing to get those codes from the screenshot that you sent.

Ry, have you made any progress?
Thanks
Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your patience and for look into this further. Here’s the info they requested…

I need, from the developer, his IP address also.

I need a step by step procedure to recreate what the developer did to get what we are seeing in the picture. The reason is because all we see is the spinning icon, we never get the error.

Launch the page builder for a page, drop in an HTML module, enter the iframe code and click the save button for that module. Upon clicking the save button, they will be able to see the error in the developer console.

They are asking how you got the codes. If they duplicate the process they will only get the spinning save mode that is my issue. So, they need to know what you are doing to get those codes from the screenshot that you sent.

I was able to pull the information I sent you using Chrome’s Developer Tools.

Would you mind if I did a little more testing on your site?

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

Sorry didn’t get back to you sooner. Yes you can test on my site. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ry! I’ll let you know what I find out.

Justin

Hi Ry and Todd,

Through my testing I’ve found that the WordPress Customizer handles AJAX requests with iframe tags just fine, so it’s definitely something on our end that’s triggering the 406 error. I need a little more time but I do have a solution in mind that should fix this. I’ll be working on that over the next day or so and will get back to you when I have something to test.

Thanks again for your patience, this has been a tricky issue!

Justin

Hey Ry or Todd,

Would it be possible to get temporary FTP access to one of your sites so we can test on that end as well? Thanks for the help!

Justin

Hey Justin,
Should be fine. What info do you need?
Thanks
Todd

Thanks, Todd. A temporary FTP account should suffice.

Justin

[Content Hidden]