Lost pages and layout after migration

Hi,

I’ve just moved a site from staging URL to production. After completing this the home page has lost all modules and rows. It is now just displaying everything in one big text box when I go into Builder Mode.

I’ve tried resetting the cache and also cleared out our CDN.

We’re using the builder with bb-theme and a child theme. We haven’t had any issues like this before and the site was displaying perfectly prior to this.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Craig,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is usually caused by a broken serialization. We recommend running a serialized search and replace when migrating to keep the serialization intact. You can check the KB article below for more info.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/migrating-a-site-to-another-domain/

Alternatively, if you have access to the WP backend, you can use the plugin Better Search Replace. Just a reminder, always create a backup of your DB before doing any modifications to it. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Craig,

I can see you already have the Better Search Replace plugin installed. However, did you run this on the DB which has already been searched and replaced before? Do you mind loading a backup of the DB, where it still has all your staging site info, run the Better Search Replace plugin and see how it goes?

Ben

I won’t be able to login and do that right now. I can, however, reset the url to the staging url and let you login and try that way? Then I can reverse the process in the morning?

Hey Craig,

That won’t work since the serialization must have been broken already. I’m afraid the only way around this for now is to load a backup copy of the DB, then do the search/replace correctly using either the script or plugin above.

Ben

Hi Ben. Problem sorted. That was such a mission! Surely you guys can patch this out? We let our grad staff design using divi and even that doesnt falter when we change to a production URL.

Thank you in any case for your help. You are faultless as always.

The caching and hard writing of the theme and plugin seem to always get in the way of what is a fantastic experience building. It’s such a pity that such a small thing seems to spoil it every time when it really counts.

I hope the feedback above is taken in the right spirit.

Love wit you’re doing and love the theme.

Thanks again.

Hey Craig,

It’s great that everything is working for you. As far as I know, WordPress saves serialized data as well, I just don’t know what kind of data it does that on. Personally, I’ve been using that Serialized Search and Replace script even before I came to know BB which means to say either some other themes/plugins or WP itself saves serialized data. I’m gonna assign one of the guys here to explain the process further. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hey Ben,

Honestly, it’s more likely a case of me screwing up the search and replace.

Your support is always fantastic.

I guess my point is that if Wlegant themes (who completely demolish SEO and tagging with their system) can do it, then I’d eect you guys to be able to handle something like this… I.e. Sites going from staging to poduction.

Thanks again for your help.

Further to this (i’m in the middle of having the same issue again going live with another client site).

Should I be ticking the GUID box in Better Search and Replace?

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the candid feedback. The reason BB’s migration process is different than ET’s is because they store layout data in shortcodes and we store it in serialized post meta. Since their data isn’t serialized, a standard search and replace will work, however, that will break ours in addition to any other plugin/theme that stores serialized data. So unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do, but Robby is working on a detailed migration blog post. Hopefully that will help.

Regarding the GUID, I believe you want to check that.

Justin