Separators and row styles not visible

I just subscribed to BB and applied to an existing theme on test page.

When I change row settings (background color to grey, border with color black) the changes are shown briefly while I select but disappear, i.e. all reverts to default on the front end, as soon as I save. Checking the settings again, the changes are correctly specified. They simply fail to show up on the front send.

Maybe related to that I cannot see any separator lines after I dragged them onto the page. Again, there is no impact regardless of color or other formats I choose.

Please let me know why such basic functionality might not work.

Hey Ralph,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

You may be experiencing caching issues. Do you have any caching plugin installed on your site? If so, try clearing the cache. You might also want to clear your browser cache by doing a Hard Refresh. Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Thanks Ben.

There are no caching plug-ins installed.
The only plug-ins active are Jetpack, Google Analytics and Contact Form 7.

Also I cleared the cache in booth Chrome and Firefox and tested again.

Alas, BB remains erratic. Background color changes do not show in the page builder. Neither do separator lines. They do show when I exit the page builder.
Border line changes show neither in the page builder nor in the page preview.

Please advice what can be done.

Thanks,
Ralph

Hey Ralph,

Do you mind sharing temp admin access to the site so we can check? You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ralph,

Sorry but I forgot this is a live site. I deactivated the Jetpack plugin but reactivated it real quick(you’ll probably need to put in your credentials to connect though). Do you think you could try deactivating all the other plugins and see if this is still happening? If it is, try it without the other plugins and on another theme and see if it’s still there. Do you know the memory limit that is set on this install? You might want to try and increase that. Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Thanks, Ben.

The theme is standard configuration and the 4 plug-ins the site is using are widely used standards as well and really necessary. The memory limit is default 90MB, which I am told is normal.

I made a few more tests but BB remains erratic.

Please take another careful look at this.
If there is no solution for BB issues, I would have to uninstall.

Thanks,
Ralph

Hey Ralph,

It’s quite possible our plugin is having a conflict with the others. If at least we know what plugin that is, we can then work on getting it fixed. Same with the theme. I’ll have the other guys check in on this as well. Do you mind sending in FTP access in case they need to dig deeper?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Ralph and Ben,

I had a quick look at the plugin list and I use all but Jetpack with BB with no issue. I am pretty sure it isn’t Jetpack either as there are many sites using it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say it’s the theme. Ralph never mentioned if he tried it with one of the WordPress default Twenty - something themes. That is what it is acting like IMHO :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Lyle

What Lyle said is also possible. Do you mind changing to default twentyX theme and see if the problem is still there?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ralph,

Sorry but I won’t be able to access that since I don’t have the credentials.

That is indeed a problem. Do you think you could send us a copy of the site itself? Or maybe just the theme that you are using so we can test it from our end? It’s quite possible the problem is related to your hosting. You can send it to themes [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ralph,

Is that your Dreamhost login?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Ralph,

I can see you’ve disabled the BB plugin. Would it be possible to re-enable it so we can have another look?

Ben

Sorry, just re-enabled it. Cheers

Hey Ralph,

I see the issue you mention. I wonder if this has something to do with your host in terms of server caching. Are you by chance using a service called CloudFlare? Also, to confirm, you are not able to switch themes with this install in order to test BB to see if this is related to your theme? Do you have access to another install that isn’t necessarily live to where you could test a TwentyX theme by chance?

Best,
Billy