Settings could not saved dialogue box

Hi,

Previously I raised the following issue:

Following the recent software update most of the problems were resolved.

However, it appears there is still an issue that when colleagues (with permission up to Administrator level), try to add a button to a page they are getting a dialogue box saying their settings could not be saved as they do not have the right to add sensitive code with tags such as iframes etc.

This issue is resolved if their role is upgraded to Super User.

Many thanks

George

Its all explained fully if you follow the link in the popup box.

Might not be sensitive, but we use the wp function wp_kses() to compare what you are saving and what that function allows and if there is a difference you see the popup, a lot of things can trigger it including malformed html, or made up html from things like Word.

Thanks for the swift response.

I think it was the fact that it sometimes only appeared when someone was trying to create a button that confused us.

I’ve gone back and stripped out any links or code in some text I know causes an issue and sure enough it was happy with that whereas just copying and pasting from Word results in the settings warning. Think I’ve narrowed down the problem in this instance to a incorrectly formatted link.

I’ve had lots of issues in other web programmes with Word and its creative interpretation of html over the years but have never had a problem in Beaver Builder until the last few weeks when strangely several colleagues suddenly encountered this problem.

Many thanks for the help.

George

If you are using chrome, it allows you to paste as plain text, which will strip out most of the **** from Word.

If it becomes an issue you can always disable the feature altogether or for certain user groups.

1 Like