Beaver Builder 2.5 Alpha

The first 2.5 Alpha is now available. We have some exciting things in this release that we hope you will enjoy. Remember, this is Alpha. Please do not use this on a Production environment as there are bugs and features could be changed or even removed based on testing and feedback

2.5 Alpha 1 - 02/12/2021

Enhancements

• NEW: Outline Panel to easily see the structure of your page. The ability to move things around in the panel will come in a future update.
  • NEW: Add Duplicate option for BB posts in the WP Admin
  • Menu Module: Now has styling options for sub-menu link colors and the responsive toggle, also new option to have a logo in the center of the menu, new option to add search to the menu, and add support for showing WooCommerce cart contents in the menu
  • Pricing Table Module: Add toggle for monthly/yearly pricing, add the ability to add icons for each feature, add Typography options, and add option to display a ribbon
  • Content Slider: Add Background Overlay option for individual slides
  • Post Slider Module: Now has Typography options
  • Video Module: Add structured data options for contentUrl and embedUrl
  • Columns: Make width field available even for Single Columns
  • Add new mode to disable history temporarily
  • Debug Mode: Only output errors if showerrors parameter is in the URL
  • Disable smooth scroll via custom class fl-no-scroll
  • Add basic support for Font Awesome Official Plugin
  • Automatically clear CSS/JS files when URL changes

Bug Fixes

• Revisions now show correct time when Site Timezone changed
  • Fixed issue with color pickers in Dark Mode
  • Fixed issue with ampersand used in Categories not showing properly in Loop filters section
2 Likes

Hi Jamie,

Some really great stuff here. Thanks.

I want to put a video out on this, but there are few things I want to check

• The Outline panel - will there be the option to disable? I know many builders want this, but guess not clients.

• Where do I find this: “Add Duplicate option for BB posts in the WP Admin”?

• Also where do I find the “new mode to disable history temporarily” and do you know when I might use it?

• What support for Font Awesome Official Plugin might be useful that was not there?

Just talking my first look now.

In wp-admin, posts/pages/templates/rows/modules etc etc, there is now a duplicate link so you can duplicate that layout nativly now. Rather than using one of the many duplicate plugins that do not know how to handle nodes.

This is more of a debug tool for support really, like if you have 2 billion revisions and on potato hosting you can bypass the whole loading of revisions.

The official plugin has some great options! Literally you just connect it to your FA account and it will always load the latest version, plus all your kits are right there to select.

Thank you so much for these quick answers. Makes sense .

I can see the duplicate link now. It is added when a page or post is using a BB template. I like the idea, but I am concerned how this could work my clients who already have and need a duplicate post plugin for regular posts. On pages they could start to see the new BB option and the one they are used to.

You missed my question about being able to disable the outline panel.

outline panel, as it matures we will add a way to enable/disable it, there is more to be done there yet, it is only the 1st alpha :wink:

Yea as for the duplicate layout, unfortunately we have to add the link there, its the only place it can go, we only add it to types that are BB enabled, not our fault if other plugins blindly add their link to all types even if they have zero support for those types :wink:

We also thought about colouring the links but that looked awful, so we ended up adding the little green dot.

1 Like

Hi, i think that a plugin like Duplicate Post enables its duplicate option on a Post Type basis and i’m not sure it’s enabled by default for BB/Themer layouts, which allows to only have BB 2.5 duplicate option on BB Posts.

Will all these come to the version of Beaver Builder Lite? :

• NEW: Outline Panel to easily see the structure of your page. The ability to move things around in the panel will come in a future update.
  • NEW: Add Duplicate option for BB posts in the WP Admin
  • Video Module: Add structured data options for contentUrl and embedUrl
  • Columns: Make width field available even for Single Columns
  • Add new mode to disable history temporarily
  • Debug Mode: Only output errors if showerrors parameter is in the URL
  • Disable smooth scroll via custom class fl-no-scroll
  • Add basic support for Font Awesome Official Plugin
  • Automatically clear CSS/JS files when URL changes

Thanks in advance.

I love that you are including a duplicate post from the WP admin. It was really confusing and non-intuitive to work with users on duplicating from the BB editor. Couple of thoughts…

1. It would be nice if there was some integration with the Yoast Duplicator at least. I’m concerned that there will be a log of confusion if clients have that plugin for duplicating plus a BB duplicator. I would request that you work with them to get node handling into their code. Or are you saying that the BB duplicator will duplicate all other post / cpt types - even those that don’t have BB active?

2. Could you put “Duplicate” on the Beaver Builder admin toolbar so that users can duplicate right from the admin bar?

the bb duplicate link will ONLY appear if the page is controlled with BB, simple as that.

Ah… I believe you are correct that Duplicate Post is not enabled by default for Themer layouts. So the display logic should work in that case.

But in the case where Duplicate Post is enabled, and by default it is enabled for pages / posts, then if a page has BB enabled I’m guessing that two duplicate options will show. The one for Duplicate Post as a default duplicator and also BB Duplicator because BB is enabled for that page.

I need to get Alpha installed and just see what the behavior is like.

we could remove links from other plugins but there are literally 1000s of these plugins that add these action links to pages which makes that impossible.

Yes, will be in Lite as well.

Yes, safer, if feasable on your side, maybe you could already do it for the most popular, beginning by Yoast Duplicate Post?

Duplicate Post: 3M users
True, there’s a bunch of these plugins: Search Results for “duplicate post” | WordPress.org

The issue is here there are strict rules for hosting on wporg and one of those rules is you shouldn’t be messing with other plugins functionality. Our link will only show up if the layout is already a bb layout.

Oh ok, it makes sense.

Thanks Jamie, I thought they would.

2.5 Alpha 2 - 03/05/2021

Enhancements
  • Add custom position for column backgrounds as well
  • Allow line height to be 0 in Typography settings
  • In WP Admin list for for saved elements, show shortcode and add click to copy to clipboard
  • Content Slider Module: Make Button Padding Responsive
  • Icon Group Module: Add option to have Icon Text
  • Menu Module: Add typography for Dropdown links, Add option to control size of the responsive toggle
  • Post Carousel Module: Add Typography options
  • Separator Module: Height and Alignment are now responsive
  • Subscribe Module: Mailpoet 3 integration now shows all lists
  • WPCLI Enhancements: wp beaver global list shows list of all options and wp beaver global-update --id=default_heading_selector --value=.fl-post-header updates a single option

Bug Fixes

• Fix update notice always showing if opted in to pre-release updates
  • Menu Module: Various bug fixes